- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Nursing Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Polysomnographic Technology
- Veterinary Assistant
LBCC offers Nursing Assistant classes that are taught at the Mennonite Village in Albany, Oregon. The class meets M-F, 8:00am -5:00pm (times may vary), for 6 weeks. The Nursing Assistant course is a 150 hour class that meets the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) hours for Nursing Assistant training, with 75 hours of class and skills lab instruction and 75 hours of clinical experience.
The course includes instruction in basic nursing skills, restorative care, personal care skills and patient rights. Students learn to care for residents in a long term care environment. After completing the course, you will be eligible to take the CNA1 competency exam. This program is an excellent path into many health care careers.
Those interested in enrolling in any of the LBCC Nursing Assistant classes, that are held at the Mennonite Village, must attend one Information session in order to apply to a class. You can only obtain an application to apply to the LBCC Nursing Assistant classes at this meeting.
The next Information Session is scheduled for Wednesday, November 19, 2014, and will be held 5:30 p.m. -7:00 p.m., in the Fireside Room, CC-211, on the Albany campus.
If you are interested in enrolling in a Nursing Assistant class that is taught by Samaritan Health Services, you do not have to attend an Information session. To review or apply for the Nursing Assistant Training Course go to www.samhealth.org.
We will accept applications beginning November 17-21, 2014 for classes beginning in January, 2015.
You are required to sign up to attend an Information Session.
In preparation for applying to a Nursing Assistant course, the following steps should be taken:
1. View list of OSBN Disqualifying Crimes (Under Tools and Resources click on "Provider Cime List"). If you have been convicted of a criminal offense, other than a minor traffic violation, it is recommended that you contact the OSBN to verify eligibility for certification, and be sure to view the Disqualifying Crimes list to review the list of crimes to determine your eligibility.
2. View, Download, and Print: November 2014 Info Session Handout (bring this document with you to the Information Session).
3. SIGN UP FOR THE INFORMATION SESSION
NOTE Change in CPR Certification Requirement Per Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) policy, we are only able to accept the following CPR certification: American Heart Association - "Healthcare Provider"
LBCC offers the American Heart Association - Healthcare Provider CPR training, if you would like to enroll in this course, contact Barbie @ 541-917-4927.
For further information, contact Pauletta at 541-917-4738 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LBCC provides healthcare education and training opportunities and administers the Nursing Assistant Program (includes CNA 2 courses), and the Regional High School Health Occupations Program in addition to partnering with the health care community to respond to increasing workforce challenges.