- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Nursing Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Polysomnographic Technology
- Veterinary Assistant
LBCC offers Nursing Assistant classes that are taught at the Mennonite Village in Albany, Oregon. The class meets M-F, 8:00am -5:00pm (times may vary), for 6 weeks. The Nursing Assistant course is a 150 hour class that meets the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) hours for Nursing Assistant training, with 75 hours of class and skills lab instruction and 75 hours of clinical experience.
The course includes instruction in basic nursing skills, restorative care, personal care skills and patient rights. Students learn to care for residents in a long term care environment. After completing the course, you will be eligible to take the CNA1 competency exam. This program is an excellent path into many health care careers.
Those interested in enrolling in any of the LBCC Nursing Assistant classes, that are held at the Mennonite Village, must attend one Information session in order to apply to a class. You can only obtain an application to apply to the LBCC Nursing Assistant classes at this meeting.
The next Information Session is scheduled for Tuesday, January 6, 2015, and will be held 5:30 p.m. -7:00 p.m., in the Fireside Room, CC-211, on the Albany campus.
The 2015 LBCC/ Mennonite Nursing Assistant Training Schedule dates and appropriate application windows are available for viewing within the current 2015 Nurse Assistant Training Schedule..
You are required to sign up to attend an Information Session.
In preparation for applying to a Nursing Assistant course, the following steps should be taken:
1. View list of OSBN Disqualifying Crimes (Under Tools and Resources click on "Provider Cime List"). If you have been convicted of a criminal offense, other than a minor traffic violation, it is recommended that you contact the OSBN to verify eligibility for certification, and be sure to view the Disqualifying Crimes list to review the list of crimes to determine your eligibility.
2. View, Download, and Print: Nursing Assistant Information Session - January 2015 (bring this document with you to the Information Session).
3. SIGN UP FOR THE INFORMATION SESSION
For further information on the Nursing Assistant Program, contact Pauletta at 541-917-4738 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in enrolling in a Nursing Assistant class that is taught by Samaritan Health Services, you do not have to attend an Information session. To review or apply for the Nursing Assistant Training Course go to www.samhealth.org.
NOTE Change in CPR Certification Requirement Per Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) policy, we are only able to accept the following CPR certification: American Heart Association - "Healthcare Provider"
LBCC provides healthcare education and training opportunities and administers the Nursing Assistant Program (includes CNA 2 courses), and the Regional High School Health Occupations Program in addition to partnering with the health care community to respond to increasing workforce challenges.