Career pathways help guide students towards a specific profession by providing a defined
list of courses offering expert training. The various courses help lead students to
completion certificates and/or degrees that identify the student as being qualified
to work in a particular field. Each pathway program at LBCC provides a "roadmap" that
graphically shows the certificate or degree requirements and employment outlook (with
related links) that will lead students to their desired education and employment goals.
Who can use career pathways?
Career pathways can be used by students recently graduated from high school OR by adults who have been out of school for quite some time. In either case, career pathway students need to have the desire to help themselves and the desire to explore the possibilities of a new profession.
- My Career Paths: www.mypathcareers.org
- Oregon's Pathways Website: www.worksourceoregon.org
- National Career Pathways Network: www.cord.org
- Workforce Strategies Center Website: www.workforcestrategy.org
- Oregon Green Statewide Career Pathways Roadmaps: www.oregongreenpathways.org