LBCC Community Education values our customers and want to ensure that you have the
most helpful information possible. Please contact us if you need any clarity regarding
services offered through LBCC Community Education.
Q: Why take a class with LBCC?
A: 1.We have the most passionate, qualified instructors you will find. They have practical experience and love sharing it with you.
2. We have experience - lots of it!
3. We care about serving YOU (our community)
Q: Where is my class held?
A: For your convenience LBCC holds classes at over 50 locations throughout Linn and
Benton Counties. See the location guide at LBCC Community Locations.
Q: How will I know the status of my class?
A: The most current status of any class is reflected on the website.
Even LBCC staff refer to this website for the most up-to-date information.
Q: How will I know if a class may be cancelled?
A: If you are registered for the class you will receive a personal phone call within 24 hours of the first class session (and a refund will be processed).
If you are not registered you can check the website regularly for updates.
Q:What is a semi-private class?
A: class with a low number of students may be semi-private (the cost may be higher
than a regular class).
Q: Are all classes in each region the same?
A.No, there may be similarities, but classes can also be different region to region (length, duration, price, instructor, facilities, etc.).
DURATION OF CLASSES
Q: Why do the lengths of classes sometimes vary or change?
A: In short, due to the cost or demand of a class or to avoid cancellation. If you care
for more detail, see below.
- For many classes, customers (in general) prefer shorter classes and cannot commit to a long class.
- Some terms have holidays or other variances than impact course schedules.
- Some classes are currently mis-classified as a class. They are extensively longer than necessary to complete the educational instruction on the topic at hand (per national industry standards). Currently, the college is paying “instructional rates” for all of our classes. Some classes should likely be re-classified. They may have an option to re-new as a club or to include “lab time” in the future.
- Sometimes a class that cannot support the duration may be shortened rather than increasing the price (or a mix between price and duration may be made to help the class survive). The college always seeks a balance of price, duration needed, format options, customer demand and other factors when determining the appropriate length of a class.
Who should I contact if I have more questions?
Contact your local LBCC center or Community Education Coordinator. If your question relates to registration, staff at any LBCC location may assist you.
- Albany, 541.917.4840
- Corvallis, 541.757.8944 Ext 5126
- Lebanon, 541.259.5801
- Sweet Home, 541.367.6901