- Child Care
- Disability Services
- Departments and Divisions
- Wireless Account Creation
- Helping You Succeed
The LBCC Office of Disability Services and YOU!
The ODS provides assistance to students who have documented disabilities by:
- Reviewing documentation to confirm eligibility
- Planning reasonable accommodations
- Coordinating services in the classroom
- Providing support i.e. assistive technology, testing accommodations, and classroom accommodations
- Success coaching and advocating
If you have a disability and feel that you will need accommodations as a student at Linn-Benton Community College, ODS is here to support you.
What is a Disability?
The definition of disability set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 does not distinguish between type, severity, or duration of the disability.
It states: "The term 'disability' means, with respect to an individual, a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of such individual; a record of such impairment; or being regarded as having such an impairment."