Medical Assistants perform a variety of basic medical duties, mostly in medical office settings. LBCC's Medical Assistant program is a two-year Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program that provides training in office administration, medical procedures and people skills necessary for a successful medical career.
Learn how to:
- Enter orders in electronic medical records
- Assist physicians with exams and procedures
- Take patient histories
- Record vital signs
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens
- Prepare patients for exams, X-rays, and procedures
- Take EKGs
- Draw blood, dress wounds, and other duties
- Give injections
NOTE: This program has special admission requirements and enrollment limits, with class cohorts beginning each fall. For more information, see the "Program Information" link below.
2015 cohort will graduate this June so no data is available yet.
MA Program Graduate Placement rate nears 100% over the past 5 years.