The Adult High School Diploma offered through Linn-Benton Community College meets all requirements for a high school diploma as established by the State of Oregon Department of Education. Students wishing to participate must complete the following requirements before meeting with the Adult High School Diploma Advisor:
- Apply for Admission ($40 admissions fee will charge your account when you register the first term) if 18 years or older. See below if under age 18.
- Take Computerized Placement Tests (CPT- reading, writing, math) Available at LBCC Albany, Corvallis, Lebanon and Sweet Home. You must show ID. Sign up for your Placement Test.
- Have high school transcripts sent to AHSD Advisor in the Advising Center, Takena Hall 101. Unofficial transcripts are allowed for pre-entry.
- Complete an LBCC orientation. (Date assigned after all other entry requirements are fulfilled)
- Meet with AHSD Advisor to create an individualized Education Plan based on your transcripts and placement scores. Call the Advising Center to schedule an appointment (541-917-4780).
- If 16 or 17 years old - take placement tests as described above; provide transcripts and schedule an appointment with the AHSD Advisor.
Course work requirements - Course work requirements are dependent on your cohort year and may include:
24 high school credits:
Language Arts - 4 credits (1 credit must be writing)
Mathematics - 3 credits
Science - 3 credits
Social Sciences - 3 credits
Health Education - 1 credit
Physical Education - 1 credit
Applied Arts, Fine Arts, or Second Language - 3 credit
Electives - 6 credits
Personalized learning requirements:
Education Plan and Profile
Career Related Learning Experiences
Career Related Learning Standards
Essential skills test requirements:
- At least 3 college credits completed at LBCC. (Must have min 2.0 GPA)
- Apply for graduation. Check LBCC website for deadlines.
- Official hih school transcripts.
Do I need to apply for admissions? Yes, if 18 years or older, apply for Admissions and complete an orientation. If 16 or 17, complete an Under Age Enrollment form .
Do I have to take the Computerized Placement Tests? Yes.
Do I need to be enrolled in high school? State law requires that students under the age of 18 be enrolled in a public or private high school or be home shooled, unless they have their diploma or GED.
Is a referral or permission required? Yes. After completing the Pre-Entry Requirements, meet with the AHSD Advisor.
Enrollment limit: None
Cost: AHSD students pay the same tuition and fees as all other students. There are no additional fees.
LBCC Contact for additional questions: Adult High School Diploma Advisor, in the LBCC Advising Center, Takena Hall 101; Call 541-917-4780.