Why Advising Matters
“My advisor helped me finish picking my courses, and answered my financial aid questions. Advising really helped me make sure I was on track." ~ Taylor Hubbard, general studies degree
- Save you time and money
- Help keep your schedule on track
- Help you to be self-directed
- Help you build relationships and connect
- Help you understand why you may need certain classes
- Come prepared to ask questions - you’ll get better advising.
- Ask questions about your degree choice - how does it translate to a career?
“Helping students to understand what their degree choice may really mean for a career is important,” says LBCC advisor Kathy Chafin. “It may be that the degree they chose is not the best one to get them where they want to be.”
Best time to see an advisor?
- Whenever you have questions
- Before each term to make sure you are on track
- At the end of each year to prepare for next year
Find your advisor and schedule your advising session! www.linnbenton.edu/advising