Register For Courses Online, or
Register by Phone: (541) 917-4929
- Going into Business - Thinking about starting a business? Attend a FREE session offered each month at a convenient location. Available in both English and Spanish.
- Foundations of Business Success - Learn how to create and assess a business plan for a start-up or new business in 10 sessions. Includes professional speakers covering topics in financial management, pricing, cash flow, marketing, sales, legal topics, insurance needs, bookkeeping systems, market research, and exploring the lifestyle of a new business owner. Plus one-on-one advising! Attend an orientation on September 12, at 6:00 pm, at the Benton Center, in Corvallis. Class begins on September 19. Early Bird Special - Be one of the first 10 people to register and pay by August 15, and get $25 off! View the Foundations of Business Success flyer.
- Making Dollars & Sense of Your Business Financial Numbers - If you want to be able to understand and manage financial results of your small business, this 5-week course is for you. It cuts through the theory and jargon to provide practical, real-world, training in the essential financial scorecards, increasing your skills with "numbers" without ruining your day. Understanding your numbers will help you achieve your goals, objectives, and bottom-line results. In this nontechnical training, you will learn the three simple tools you need to plan budgets, justify requests, spot problems before they get out of hand, and practical concepts that will help you make better management decisions. Orientation is September 13, at 1:00 pm. Class begins on September 20, from 1-4 pm, and will meet every other week, for five sessions. View the Making Dollars and Sense flyer.
- Beginning Facebook for Small Business - Unleash the Power of Facebook for your business. If you are a local small business that isn't taking advantage of Facebook to reach, and engage, with your customers, then this beginning Facebook workshop is for you. You'll learn how to creat your Facebook business page, and discover how to optimize your page to maximize the SEO impact. One hour of one-on-one advisng included. September 18, 6-9pm, in Albany.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Basics - Make sure Google can find your website. Learn how to understand the basic tenets of SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Get ahead of the competition by having an optimized stie that will get more leads and sales. One hour of one-on-one advisng included. October 9, 6-9pm, Albany.
- E-commerce Website Basics - Get your business online. Getting started-Doing it right! This workshop will demystify the elements it takes to design, build, and run a successful e-commerce website. One hour of one-on-one advisng included. November 6, 6-9pm, Albany.
Licensing & Continuing Ed
- Construction Contractor - Meets the requirements for Oregon Construction Contractors Board. 20-hour class in five sessions. Next class starts on November 7.
- Pesticides - Private Applicator or Laws & Safety (Public & Commercial) Applicator courses available. Prepare for taking the pesticide exam or for credit | 4, 6, 8, and 10 credit hour | Call Metro for Pesticide Testing at LBCC: 1-877-533-2900.
- QuickBooks - 4-hour Guided Tour Beginner’s Course | 10-hour QuickBooks 1 & 2 Courses | 3-hour QuickBooks Payroll course. Click on the link to register for courses for dates. Bring flashdrive to class.