Register For Courses Online, or
Register by Phone: (541) 917-4929
- Going into Business - Thinking about starting a business? Attend a FREE session offered each month at a convenient location. Available in both English and Spanish.
- Foundations of Business Success - Learn how to create and assess a business plan for a start-up or new business in 10 sessions. Includes professional speakers covering topics in financial management, pricing, cash flow, marketing, sales, legal topics, insurance needs, bookkeeping systems, market research, and exploring the lifestyle of a new business owner. Plus one-on-one advising! Attend an orientation on April 4, at 6:00 pm in Albany. Class begins on April 11. Early Bird Special - Be one of the first 10 people to register and pay by March 15, and get $25 off! View the Foundations of Business Success flyer.
- Making Dollars & Sense of Your Business Financial Numbers - If you want to be able to understand and manage financial results of your small business, this 5-week course is for you. It cuts through the theory and jargon to provide practical, real-world, training in the essential financial scorecards, increasing your skills with "numbers" without ruining your day. Understanding your numbers will help you achieve your goals, objectives, and bottom-line results. In this nontechnical training, you will learn the three simple tools you need to plan budgets, justify requests, spot problems before they get out of hand, and practical concepts that will help you make better management decisions. Orientation is April 5, at 1:00 pm. Class begins on April 12, from 1-4 pm, and will meet every other week, for five sessions.
- Beginning Facebook for Small Business - Unleash the Power of Facebook for your business. If you are a local small business that isn't taking advantage of Facebook to reach, and engage, with your customers, then this beginning class is for you. April 17, 6-9pm. What you'll learn:
- How to create your Facebook business page
- Discover how to optimize your page to maximize the SEO impact
- Determine how a Facebook page fits into your online marketing strategy
- Build a strategy to get the most out of your efforts and maximize your results
- Create engaging post that your fans, and customers, will relate and respond to
- Learn how to take the work out of creating posts
- Advanced Facebook - Using Facebook to grow your business. Discover how to harness Boosts & Sponsored Posts and PPC Ads to take your Facebook marketing to the next level. If you've noticed a drop in your existing pages' reach and less engagement for your post, this class will help. May 1, 6-9pm. You'll learn:
- Top tips to drive engagement organically on your Facebook page
- Utilize Facebook analytics to improve your page performance
- Strategically sponsor posts to boost your visibility
- Learn effective techniques for Facebook ads
- Understand advanced targeting, retargeting ads and other new techniques to maximize your results
- How to Start an Online Business - Getting started - Doing it right. If you are considering selling products online but don't know where to begin, this is the ideal introductory workshop for you. Our two hour workshop is designed to introduce entrepreneurs, and small business owners, to the important considerations that are key in being successful in launching your own online store. May 15, 6-8 pm.
- Website Basics - In this three hour workshop, we'll cover all the things you need to consider when putting together a website for your business. Even if you plan to outsource the development of your website, you'll learn the right questions to ask your developers, so you get a site that really meets your business needs. June 5, 6-9 pm. This workshop covers:
- Types of websites
- Overview of domain names, web hosting, content management systems (CMS)
- Options for website development - Hiring professional developers or build your own
- Writing for the web
- Image and Photo Basics
- Basic SEO (search engine optimization)
- Basics of website performance
Licensing & Continuing Ed
- Construction Contractor - Meets the requirements for Oregon Construction Contractors Board. 20-hour class in five sessions.
- Pesticides - Private Applicator or Laws & Safety (Public & Commercial) Applicator courses available. Prepare for taking the pesticide exam or for credit | 4, 6, 8, and 10 credit hour | Call Metro for Pesticide Testing at LBCC: 1-877-533-2900.
- QuickBooks - 4-hour Guided Tour Beginner’s Course | 10-hour QuickBooks 1 Course | Bring flashdrive to class.
Online (non-credit) Courses
Check out the online courses offered through the Oregon Small Business Development Center Network. The courses cover the latest business topics. Go to Online Training Courses.
Business, Computers, Healthcare, Writing, SAT prep, Foreign language, and much more!
Register online at Ed2go, Career Training, or Language Authority
Call 541-917-4929 to Make Payment
Access courses day or night at your convenience